Monday, October 20, 2008

The expansion of my life....

" The expansion of one person, the magnification of one life is indeed an act of worth in this world, even if that life... just this one time happens to be nobody's but my own" - Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love.

I started reading this book a month back, have finished only one fourth of it, but I am inspired.
A lot of Ms. Gilbert reminds me of me. Maybe its her thirst for answers, her indecisiveness, her longing, her spirit for survival...
Her ability to finally understand that life comes around only once (no guarantees on that, but why take a chance? :) )

An expansion of my life would mean so much ... for once, to do myself a favour... live for myself... accept selfishness as a virtue (I have always believed we all live for what makes us happy, so we all are selfish, we just don't ..well.... accept it.) .. take a few more risks... eat without guilt...
pray when i want to ... and when i don't want to.... love without boundaries, without conditions...
listen to my heart a little more... listen to my head a little less.... experience more and more....
take off on a whim... pamper my self without guilt....

For once... live for no one but myself.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey wat a coincidence i m reading the same book feels like we are on the same page...almoost read 1/4 of the book am with liz in italy...will write more once ihave read somemore......i believe its a book for all women

Em

idletuesdayafternoonthoughts said...

ya it is ... ill be blogging more about the book as i read more... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails