Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Perfectly Lonely

My favorite quote goes something like this – ‘Change, but start slowly because direction is more important than speed.’


I look back today after making a huge change in my life and I realize that at no point of making life altering changes did I have a clear direction in mind. Change was a process that came naturally and well even though it didn’t feel like that time, looking back now it seems like just the way things were ought to be.

Speed was something that change never came with to me. Everything major that changed in my life was a slow process. Everything immaterial (that seemed so huge at that time) was instant resulting in instant joy and instant pain.

The slow changes are a few but those are the ones that made me think, reflect and ponder.

Direction I believe is somewhere related to destiny – the various destinies that we have. The choices we subconsciously make, the paths we unknowingly walk on, at the end each direction leads us somewhere – and what we make of that place is up to us.

Philosophy aside, change is good even if it is a little scary. Sometimes you just need to let life drift you along its flow.

Maybe that’s what I did when I moved to Dubai. I left so much behind – not just physically but emotionally as well. I shed everything that was holding me back from being ‘me’. And I am glad!

It’s been a week but feels like forever, as if this was the most natural thing that was waiting to happen to me. The choices I have made might yield in a million different conclusions but right now, it seems perfect.

And until then – There is a big smile on my face every time I hear this song

Had a little love, but I spread it thin
Falling in her arms and out again
Made a bad name for my game around town
Tore up my heart, and shut it down

Nothing to do
Nowhere to be
A simple little kind of free
Nothing to do
No one but me
And that's all I need

I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely (Yeah)
'Cause I don't belong to anyone
Nobody belongs to me

I see friends around from time to time
When their ladies let them slip away
And when they ask me how I'm doing with mine
This is always what I say

Nothing to do
Nowhere to be
A simple little kind of free
Nothing to do
No one to be
Is it really hard to see
Why I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely (Yeah)
'Cause I don't belong to anyone
Nobody belongs to me

And this is not to say
There never comes a day
I'll take my chances and start again
And when I look behind
On all my younger times
I have to thank the wrongs that led me to a love so strong

I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely
I'm perfectly lonely (Yeah)
'Cause I don't belong to anyone
Nobody belongs to me

(It's the way, it's the way, it's the way that I want it)

3 comments:

Komal-Nishka said...

Awesome, I love the perfectly lonely phrase - it's just a peaceful state of mind to be in.. :)

idletuesdayafternoonthoughts said...

:) i know... and im so glad you guys are there through it :)

R2 said...

Very thought provoking and oh so true!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails