Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dive

I had completely forgotten that there existed something like Facebook notes and I have quite a few on them there on Facebook. I happened to dig out something I wrote in 2009. Have tweaked parts of it... reading this I realise how much I miss writing poetry.



Dive.

You wouldn’t hear today even if spoken right into your ears, the randomness of thoughts.

The subjectivity of reasoning to your own convenience wraps your soul in layers uncountable.
You wouldn’t feel today if your toes touched, the uncertainty of the touch.
The wall you build shields you from a passion lying dormant.

You are blinded by tears you cry at your own failures,
The ones you use as a measure for what lies in the Pandora’s Box.
I’ve been inside and it’s full of hopes, fears, risks and irrationality.
It’s the Mecca of senselessness and absurdity.
Raw, unrefined and crude,
Full of surprises, heartbreaks & passion,
Unconventionally beautiful.

What stops you to unlock and peep?
To soak and savor...
The saneness in irrationality,
The logic in everything you consider illogical,
The safety in the risks you don’t take.

You wouldn’t smell the lilies today, the ones kept at your window sill.

But someday, with a different key,
You might unlock the Pandora’s Box.

And then baby, I will welcome you to my world.

- Aanchal 2009

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails