Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Better Days

I have already posted a few posts on one of my favorite books - Eat Pray Love. This one is about a song from the movie and I love it for two reasons -

1) Amazing Eddie Vedder - The man creates magic once again. I love how he does it especially with movie soundtracks.
2) The lyrics of this song are so inspiring and you can almost feel a light encompassing you and filling you with all the love and gratitude in the world. 

This song sums up one of my absolute favorite quotes from the book -

"The expansion of one person,  the magnification of one life - is indeed an act of worth in this world. Even if that life, just this one time happens to be nobody's but my own" 
 
 Better days - Eddie Vedder 

I feel part of the universe open up to meet me
My emotion so submerged broken down to kneel in
Once listening the voices they came
Had to somehow greet myself read myself
Heard vibrations within my cells in my cells
Singing "Ah-la-ah-ah ah-la-ah-ah

My love is safe for the universe
See me now I'm bursting
On one planet so many turns
Different worlds
Singing Ah-la-ah-ah ah-ah-ah-ah ah

Fill my heart with discipline
Put there for the teaching
In my head see clouds of stairs
Help me as I'm reaching
The future's paved with better days

Not running from something
I'm running towards the day
Wide awake

A whisper once quiet
Now rising to a scream
Right in me

I'm falling free falling
Words calling me
Up off my knees

I'm soaring and darling
You'll be the one that I can need
Still be free
Our future's paved with better days 

Listen to the song HERE

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails