Monday, April 13, 2009

Dubai Musings - Part 1

They say - when you are in love then everything seems perfect. I say, when you are happy then everyday and everything seems perfect forever.
You are happy when you are in love with yourself.

I had written about how I am going to start living and took a pledge to do that.

I have to admit, it’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
To start with, I did two things this month that I always wanted to do but never got down to doing them.

I bought my new laptop and I am traveling abroad. Finally!

I am having the best and probably the most memorable holiday, not because I am in a different country but because I am free of anything that holds me back.

I am mending, building and cherishing relationships. I am giving myself time to ‘not think’. I am doing new and interesting things every day.
Life couldn’t get better.

I don’t know how much I like Dubai, it’s kind of fake. There is too much to swallow, too much to handle.

There are something’s that I have fallen in love with about this place though. Listing them below –

•It is so clean!!! Despite the dust, sand and construction, the buildings are clean. The walls are clean.

•I love the petrol pumps. I love any place that can accommodate a Mc Donalds, Subway, Burger King and a Chinese restaurant along with a supermarket besides fuel and gas.

•The roads are beautiful, lined with the most beautiful flowers. You never see anyone gardening so I wonder when and how do they take care of them.

•I didn’t know I liked cars until I came here. I jump with the same excitement when I spot a Ferrari as I would have if I spotted the most beautiful shoes.

I am making sure I experience a new thing every day. In the past three days, Apart from other touristy things, I have done this –

•First international flight, an unforgettable experience with the immigration officials

•A trip to a water park with crazy rides

•Seen the highest point in the UAE

•A trip to a Sushi bar (I have fallen in love with Sushi)

•Finally learnt to eat with chopsticks (had no choice while eating sushi)

•Authentic Arabic food

It seems like I have been here forever. I am packing away lots of memories in the corners of my mind.
I have no plans for tomorrow and I love a life like that. A life I want to live every single day.

(P.S– more musings on Dubai to follow...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails